Recovery is the forgotten phase of exercise that is one of the biggest predictors of performance and injury. The Lab is designed around the art of the recovery for the everyday athlete offering cutting edge tools that are normally reserved for the pro athletes.
In Sports Massage, various techniques are used to concentrate on the areas that are related to your sport and may include the following:
- Myofacial Release
- Active Release
- Passive or Active Stretching
- Trigger Point Release
- Deep Tissue
- IASTM – Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
The client is usually dressed in athletic attire. Dre works extensively with athletes who want to remain competitive CrossFit, marathons, cross-country, triathlons, yoga, football, soccer, golf, tennis, lacrosse, swimming, olympic weightlifting, and more! We collaborate with other fitness professionals including physical therapists, strength coaches, dry needling, yoga instructors for best results.
Dre also works with those clients that have been released from physical therapy and looking for a tune up as begin to push themselves a little harder.
Sports Massage Benefits
- Increase the effectiveness of recovery from heavy training
- Allows you to put hard training days back to back
- Can help with preventing injury and catch issues early which applies to everyone, not just elite athletes
- Reduces posture pain and creates a feeling of well-being in the body