Kristal is a busy, busy woman.
Not only is she a co-founder of Back in Action, she’s got her hands pretty much everywhere in the Fuquay-Varina and Holly Springs sports community. With leadership ties to Fuquay-Varina High School, Wake Football Club, and community tennis, she lives and leads in her passion every day. She is one of only 25 board certified Sports Clinical Specialists in North Carolina.
Even in her personal life, Kristal rarely slows down. Her co-founder husband Jeff and their two sons love to go on adventures at home and abroad. She plays tennis competitively (USTA 4.0), and loves traveling with her boys to club soccer tournaments. The fall is a particular crazy time as Kristal serves on the sports medicine team with Fuquay Varina Football, both sons are kickers for Holly Springs Football, and Jeff is varsity coach for Athens Drive Soccer. Let’s just say there could be a little bit of smack talk at the Nelson house.
Kristal is endlessly driven, a mindset that extends to her patients and staff. She pushes Back in Action to be better every day.
- Board Certified Sports Clinical Specialist
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Evidence in Motion
- Residency-trained: Sports Physical Therapy, Evidence in Motion
- Master of Physical Therapy, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- B.S Business and Marketing, North Carolina State University
- Certified Massage Therapist
- Certified Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Certified Level I Functional Dry Needle (Kinetacore)
Co-founder, Owner, Sports Physical Therapist